Monday, November 28, 2011

Just an illusion

Is it me or, has the perception of beauty changed?
Well I know it has. I guess it is fair to say that throughout the years across countries the standards of beauty are always changing.
When we were young we were always told that beauty is who you are,
beauty is being able to wear a pair of sweatpants, and pull your hair up, and still be comfortable enough with who you are. At least that's what i would like to think.
So what dictates these beauty standards?

MEDIA.
Overly exposed celebrities.

Nowadays, to be beautiful you need to have at least a million dollars to spend on the many types of plastic surgery to look anything close to perfect. Another thing, what's the deal with these deceiving ass mascara commercials. We all know it's not really the formula lengthening and volumizing. It's those $2 false eye lashes.

And even after all of that, people still say you're ugly. Why? Because beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder or should I say the media.

One thing I've always asked about was the Miss USA. Why? This is basically setting up another standard for women to try and live by.

Will media ever lose control over defining the definition of beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment